I tried for several years to come up with a recipe for Bourbon Chicken that was as good as that served in the restaurants that made it famous. Finally I got it! The good part is that even though it’s easy, it’s actually better than most I have found and been impressed with in the restaurants. You might want to make more than you think you will need.
- Two Large chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Â½ cup water
- Â½ cup packed light brown sugar
- Â¼ cup apple schnapps
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ketchup - Â¼ cup to double recipe
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brandy or bourbon â Â¼ cup to double recipe
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- Â½ teaspoon of hot chili powder
- Â¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Add a little of the water to a mixing cup and mix in the corn starch
- Add the rest of the water and all ingredients except chicken and sesame seeds, mix well.
- Fry chicken in a little olive oil until lightly browned, add sauce and stir.
- Cook for 15 min. more or until thickened stirring often. In the meantime brown sesame seeds in a small dry pan on medium heat stirring often.
- Top chicken with browned sesame seeds and serve with rice and Chinese / Japanese vegetables.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 374g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 203||29%|
|Total Fat 22.86g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 7.47g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 71.5g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|