Cost per serving $1.13 view details
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter - (3/4 stick)
- 11 ounce best quality semisweet chocolate coarsely minced
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 c. coarsely-minced walnuts (optional) nonstick cooking spray
- 12 ounce best quality semisweet chocolate minced fine
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp light corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a twelve-count muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray generously with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat the butter and 8 ounces of chocolate. Stir till smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the Large eggs and sugar. Add in the flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Stir in the melted chocolate till combined. Stir in the remaining 3 ounces of chocolate and nuts if you like.
- Using a 2-oz ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full with batter. Bake till a hard crust forms on the cupcakes, about 20 min. Remove to a wire rack to cold 10 min. Remove cupcakes from pan and continue to cold on a wire rack.
- For Mrs. Milman's Chocolate Frosting: Place chocolate and cream in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, till thickened, between 20 and 30 min. Increase the heat to medium-low; cook stirring, 3 min more. Remove pan from heat. Stir in the corn syrup. Transfer to a large bowl. Refrigeratetill cold sufficient to spread, about 2 hrs, checking and stirring every 15 to 20 min. Use immediately. (
- Makes about 3 c.)
- Ice cupcakes with a generous amount of Mrs. Milman's Chocolate Frosting.
- This recipe yields 12 cupcakes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 120g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 367||72%|
|Total Fat 43.05g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 26.23g||105%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.72g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.6g||32%|