Cost per serving $0.05 view details
- 1 pkt (20.5 ounce.) low-fat brownie mix
- 2/3 c. Brewed liquid coffee, cooled
- 10 x Egg whites, divided
- 3 pt Nonfat, vanilla fudge frzn yogurt, softened
- 1/2 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 c. Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2 (8") round cake pans.
- Combine brownie mix and coffee. Beat 2 egg whites till soft peaks form; gently fold into brownie mix. Divide proportionately between pans. Bake 22-24 min or possibly till toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cold on rack 10 min. Remove from pans; cold completely.
- Line 8" springform pan with plastic wrap. Place 1 brownie layer in bottom; cover with yogurt, then top with remaining brownie layer. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze till very hard, at least 2 hrs. Invert cake onto oven-proof serving dish, discarding plastic wrap. Freeze till ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Beat remaining egg whites till frothy. Add in cream of tartar and salt; beat till soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, 1 Tbs. at a time, till stiff peaks form. Transfer meringue to plastic food storage bag; snip corner. Pipe rosettes over top and sides of cake. Bake 2-3 min or possibly till meringue is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
- Makes16 servings.
- Time in the Kitchen: 35 min; ready to serve in 3 hrs, 40 min
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 58g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||27%|
|Total Fat 5.92g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.54g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.79g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|