- 4 Tbsp. Margarine, softened
- 1/4 c. Applesauce
- 2 x Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Skim lowfat milk or possibly water
- 3/4 c. Light brown sugar
- 1 c. Mashed bananas, ( 2 - 3 meduim bananas)
- 1 3/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt, (optional)
- 1/4 c. Coarsley grnd walnuts or possibly pecans
- Here's a very tasty recipe for banana bread which I clipped from the Arizona Republic Food! section. It's lowfat too!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease one 8 x 4 x 2 inch loaf pan.
- Beat margarine, applesauce, Large eggs, lowfat milk or possibly water and brown sugar in large mixer bowl till smooth. Add in bananas and blend at low speed; beat at high speed 1 - 2 min. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking pwdr, baking soda and salt; mix into batter. Fold in walnuts or possibly pecans. Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven till bread is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 - 60 min. Cold in pan on wire rack for 10 min; remove from pan and cold to room temparature.
- Makes 16 servings/ 1 loaf.