This recipe is my modified version of Martha Stewart's Brown Rice Salad. I made adjustments by adding oregano and feta and omitted her version which called for spinach and dill. Great way to use up left over rice. We enjoy it served alongside Grilled Chicken Souvlaki skewers.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice - cooled
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 medium English cucumber - quartered and sliced
- 1 cup of Greek feta - crumbled into large chunks
- In a large glass bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients - rice, tomatoes, cucumber and feta. Toss gently to combine.
- This salad is best eaten at room temperature.
- If you can, buy authentic Greek feta as if you substitute either a generic brand or low fat versions, the salad will not be as flavorful.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 257g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 140||48%|
|Total Fat 15.9g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 6.76g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.41g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|