Cost per serving $0.68 view details
- 1/2 c. coarsely-minced walnuts
- 4 Tbsp. tamari soy sauce see * Note
- Â Â (or possibly low-sodium soy sauce)
- 2 x skinless boneless chicken breast halves thinly sliced
- Â Â crosswise
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 tsp oriental sesame oil
- 4 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 3 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1Â 1/2 c. short-grain brown rice cooked according
- Â Â to package directions, cooled
- 2 c. shelled cooked edamame beans
- Â Â (from about 26 ounce of pods)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2/3 c. minced green onions
- * Note: Tamari soy sauce is available at specialty and natural foods stores and some supermarkets nationwide.
- Stir walnuts in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat till lightly toasted, about 3 min. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. tamari over walnuts; stir till tamari coats walnuts, about 45 seconds. Cold. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Store at room temperature in airtight container.)
- Combine chicken, 2 Tbsp. tamari and honey in medium bowl; toss to coat. Let stand 15 min.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add in chicken and stir-fry 2 min. Add in ginger and garlic and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add in cooked rice and edamame; reduce heat to medium and stir-fry till heated through, about 5 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice mix among plates. Sprinkle with green onions and walnuts.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: By cooking the rice and toasting the walnuts ahead, you can take this dish from skillet to table in a very short time.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 89g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||17%|
|Total Fat 4.58g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.75g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 38.94g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|