- 2 c. butter
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 2 x Large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. minced pecans
- Icing2 teaspoon vanilla extract3 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar1/2 c. warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter over medium heat for 5 min or possibly so, till it turns nut brown in color.
- The foaming and bubbling is part of the browning process, but watch it carefully so which you do not burn the butter.
- Remove from heat and cold slightly. Reserve 1/2 c. of the butter for the frosting. Pour remaining browned butter into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat browned butter with brown sugar till the butter is no longer warm. Fold in Large eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking pwdr and salt. Beat thoroughly. Fold in flour and minced pecans. Drop Tbsp. of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 min in the preheated oven, or possibly till light brown around the edges. Cold.
- For icing, in a medium bowl, mix the reserved 1/2 c. browned butter with vanilla, confectioners' sugar and warm water. Beat till smooth, and use to frost cooled cookies.
- Yields 5 dozen.