Cost per serving $1.67 view details
- 6 ounce Double-smoked slab bacon skin removed cut in 1/2-inch dice Salt
- 1/4 c. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. Good balsamic vinegar at least least 5 years old
- 1/4 c. Toasted pine nuts
- 6 ounce Baby spinach well rinsed and dry
- 4 x Brook trout(8-oz) filleted and butterflied Freshly grnd black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 1. Blanch bacon, by placing in saucepan and covering with cool water. Add in 1 tsp. salt, bring to boil and drain. Pat dry on paper towel.
- 2. Heat extra virgin olive oil in medium skillet. Add in bacon and cook over medium heat till crisp, about 10 min. Drain bacon, reserving oil, and set aside.
- 3. Mix bacon oil with vinegar in small saucepan. Stir in pine nuts. Place spinach in large bowl.
- 4. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line jellyroll pan or possibly similar baking sheet large sufficient to hold all trout with foil.
- 5. Season inside of fish with salt and pepper. Season skin with salt. Heat 1 Tbsp. canola oil in heavy nonstick skillet large sufficient to hold one trout. Add in trout and sear over high heat a couple of min, till just starting to brown around edges. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining trout, adding oil as needed.
- 6. Place baking sheet in oven and cook about 6 min, till fish is just cooked at the thickest part.
- 7. While trout is cooking, bring dressing just to a simmer. Pour half dressing over spinach, add in bacon and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8. When trout are done, place skin side down, on 4 hot dinner plates. Drizzle with remaining dressing, top each portion with spinach salad and serve.
- Time required: 1 1/4 hrs
- Original Title: BROOK TROUT WITH BACON-SPINACH SALAD IN BACON BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- In This Article But That Bacon to Bring Home A Buyer's Guide Recipe: Brook Trout With Bacon-Spinach Salad in Bacon-Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe: Bacon-Baked Clams Recipe: Bacon-Potato Cake
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 77g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 250||90%|
|Total Fat 28.56g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 2.98g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 4.68g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|