Cost per serving $0.20 view details
- BROILED HALIBUT WITH GINGER-LIME BUTTER ***
- 6 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. Minced chives Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp Grated lime rind
- 1 tsp Grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp Minced fresh thyme leaves, Or possibly 1/4 tsp. dry thyme Coarse salt and freshly Grnd black pepper to Taste
- 4 x Halibut steaks Minced parsley for garnish
- First make the butter. Using an electric beater, if available, and a hot bowl, beat the butter for a couple of min to make it fluffy. Gradually add in the chives, lime juice, lime rind, ginger, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Form the butter into a ball, wrap it in aluminum foil, and chill. Use the freezer compartment if you are making the butter within 2 hrs of serving the fish, so which the butter is not too soft. Pat the fish steaks dry with paper towels. Season them with salt and pepper and wrap them in buttered foil. Broil over warm coals or possibly under high heat for 5 to 7 min on each side, depending on the thickness of the fish. Test for doneness by opening the foil and seeing if the fish flakes when prodded with a fork. Arrange the fish on individual serving plates. Cut the butter in neat, even slices and place them on the fish steaks. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 22g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 152||99%|
|Total Fat 17.28g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 10.94g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.27g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|