Cost per serving $0.15 view details
- I litre (I 3/ pints) vegetable chicken or possibly turkey stock I head of garlic separated into cloves (see Cooks Tips)
- I S ml ( I tbsp) olive oil150 g (5 ounce) goats cheesesalt and freshly grnd black pepper
- Break the broccoli into small florets.
- Peel the thick skin off the stout stalks and throw away.
- Chop up the stalks.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan on the simmering plate add in the onion then cover the pan and cook for 4 to 5 min till translucent/soft.
- Add in half the stock bring to the boil on the boiling plate.
- Add in the broccoli and return to the boil then cover and transfer to the simmering oven for 15 to 20 min or possibly till the broccoli is tender.
- Toss the cloves of garlic in the oil and tip into a roasting tin.
- Roast on the second runners of the roasting oven for 15 min till soft when squeezed.
- Cold the soup slight then add in the goats cheese and puree in a food processor.
- Return the soup to the pan and add in the remaining stock.
- Bring the soup to the boil on the boiling plate and season to taste.
- Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and scatter over the soup.
- This is a delicous green soup. Double the quantity of goats cheese if you prefer a stronger taste or possibly substitute a soft garlic cheese such as bourdin for a really garlicky flavour. This soup is also good served with croutons. The roasted garlic is optional but quite delicious.
- Always puree soups in a food processor with a minimum amount of liquid for efficiency. If using a blender more liquid is required. You can leave the soup slightly chunky if you wish.
- Serves 6
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 42g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||84%|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.87g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.09g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|