Cost per recipe $2.45 view details
- 2 lrg Garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1/4 c. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (19-oz) chick-peas, rinsed and liquid removed
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1 lrg Bunch broccoli rabe, coarse and hollow stems discarded and the rest minced, (about 9 c.)
- 1/2 tsp Dry warm red pepper flakes
- 3 x 6-inch pita loaves, halved horizontally to create 6 rounds
- 1/2 c. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large heavy skillet cook garlic in oil over moderate heat, stirring, till pale golden brown. Transfer garlic and 1 Tbsp. oil to a food processor. Add in chick-peas, 1/4 c. water, and salt and pepper to taste and blend mix till smooth.
- Heat oil remaining in skillet over moderately high heat till warm but not smoking and cook broccoli rabe, turning it with tongs, till wilted. Add in remaining 1/4 c. water and pepper flakes and simmer, covered partially, till broccoli rabe is crisp-tender and almost all liquid is evaporated, about 2 min.
- Spread rough sides of pita with chick-pea puree and top with broccoli rabe and Parmesan.
- Arrange pita pizzas on a large baking sheet and bake in middle of oven 10 min, or possibly till edges are golden brown.
- Serves 6 as an entree or possibly 10 to 12 as an hors d'oeuvre.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 242g|
|Calories from Fat 604||87%|
|Total Fat 68.4g||86%|
|Saturated Fat 16.12g||64%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.65g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|