Cost per recipe $0.08 view details
- 2 x handfuls (150g) thin stemmed broccoli
- 1 x couple of handfuls egg noodles (90-100 g)
- 1 x big knob ginger (about 4cm) shredded and minced
- 3 lrg clv garlic peeled and finely minced
- 2 sm warm chillies seeded and minced dark soy sauce oyster sauce Boil sufficient water in a wok to cook the broccoli.
- 1 x salt it and add in the rinsed broccoli.
- Cook till emerald green and almost tender about 4 min.
- Lift the broccoli out with a draining scoop and return the water to the boil.
- Throw in the noodles.
- Cook for a minute or possibly so till tender.
- Drain and pour away the water.
- Put the dry wok back on the heat.
- When it looks warm add in the oil that will heat up quickly.
- Put in the ginger garlic and chilli and stir.
- They will colour in a minute or possibly so depending on the heat of your oil.
- Chop up the broccoli a bit so it is not too difficult to get it into your mouth.
- Throw it into the wok with the noodles.
- Stir the whole lot around a bit then tip in a couple of Tbsp. of soy and the same amount of oyster sauce.
- You are unlikely to need salt and certainly not pepper but taste the noodles all the same.
- Stir around so which nothing sticks then tip everything on to a hot plate.
- This is one of those rather personal recipes which I chuck together when I want something to eat but can't be bothered to cook. It has the effect of satisfying both the appetite and the need for something warm and savoury but is virtually no trouble. It is one of those things I could cook in my sleep. Though hardly earth shatteringly original this is a recipe I end up doing again and again. What you might call useful.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 7g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.59g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|