Cost per recipe $2.85 view details
- 1 lb Red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 c. Sliced carrot
- 2 c. Broccoli florets
- 2 c. Skinless roasted chicken, (1/2-inch pcs)
- 1/2 c. Minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1 Tbsp. Thinly sliced garlic
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh thyme or possibly 1 tsp. dry
- Add in water to large Dutch oven to depth of 1 inch and bring to boil.
- Spread potatoes and carrot proportionately on steamer rack. Place steamer rack in Dutch oven. Cover and steam vegetables till almost tender, about 9 min. Add in broccoli florets to steamer rack; cover and steam till all vegetables are just tender, about 3 min. Transfer vegetables to large bowl and cold to room temperature.
- Add in chicken and red onion to bowl of vegetables. Combine oil and garlic in small saucepan. Cook over low heat just till garlic begins to sizzle, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and cold slightly. Whisk in lemon juice and thyme. Pour hot dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 720g|
|Calories from Fat 683||64%|
|Total Fat 76.29g||95%|
|Saturated Fat 17.7g||71%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.92g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||25%|