Cost per recipe $6.59 view details
- 1Â 1/2 bn Broccoli, (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 lrg Head cauliflower, (about 2 pounds)
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 2 c. Very coarse dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Liquid removed bottled horseradish
- Trim broccoli, reserving stems for another use, and cut flowerets into 1-inch pcs. (There should be about 5 c..)
- Trim cauliflower and cut flowerets into 1-inch pcs. (There should be about 5 c..)
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook vegetables till crisp-tender, 3 to 5 min. In a colander drain vegetables and refresh under cool water to stop cooking. Drain vegetables well.
- Vegetables may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- In a large heavy skillet heat oil and 2 Tbsp. butter over moderately high heat till foam begins to subside and saute/fry bread crumbs, stirring, till golden brown. Stir in horseradish and salt to taste and saute/fry, stirring, till crisp. Bread crumbs may be prepared 3 days ahead and kept in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In skillet heat remaining Tbsp. butter over moderate heat and in it toss vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle vegetables with bread crumbs and toss to combine. Transfer mix to a baking dish and bake, uncovered, 10 min, or possibly till just heated through.
- Serves 8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1186g|
|Calories from Fat 546||35%|
|Total Fat 62.19g||78%|
|Saturated Fat 25.8g||103%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 213.19g||57%|
|Dietary Fiber 33.4g||111%|