Cost per recipe $4.35 view details
- 1 (6 ounce.) box long grain and wild rice mix
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- Seasoned salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 pkg. Pillsbury All-Ready pie crust (2 crusts folded in the pack)
- 6 ounce. red currant jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. cooking sherry
- Prepare chicken breasts 1 day before serving.
- Cook rice according to directions on the box; set aside to cold. Flatten the chicken by lightly pounding; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Beat the egg white till soft peaks form. Add in 1 1/2 c. of the cooked rice mix to the egg white; mix well.
- Cut 6 quarters from the pastry. Place each quarter on a floured board and roll larger. Place a breast in the center of each pastry and add in about 1/4 c. of the rice mix on the breast.
- Roll pastry and chicken over the rice, jelly roll style. (The rolled package will look like an egg roll.) Seal ends of pastry to contain the rice. Place seam-side down in a greased baking pan. Cover and chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove baking pan from refrigerator and immediately place into the preheated oven. Bake uncovered for 35-45 min. If pastry begins to brown too fast, loosely cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
- While chicken is cooking, place the jelly in a saucepan and heat. Stir in mustard, orange juice, and sherry; heat. Serve the warm sauce over the warm pastry-covered chicken. Serves 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 479g|
|Calories from Fat 32||4%|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.94g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 122.75g||33%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|