Cost per serving $6.77 view details
- 2 x Breasts Of Chicken
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 c. Coconut Lowfat milk, divided
- 1/2 c. Shredded Coconut Meat
- 2 x Large eggs
- 1/2 c. Clarified Butter
- 2 x Pineapple Rings, Sugar-Glazed, for garnish
- 1 c. Cooked Wild Rice, for serving
- 1 x Chicken Legs, cut up Bones From Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Mushroom Stems And Pcs
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1/2 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 c. Brown Gravy Salt And Pepper Lemon Juice
- Season chicken with salt, allspice, and freshly grnd pepper, then wet it with coconut lowfat milk. Let it settle for a few hrs. Toast coconut till light brown. One hour before using, make egg batter of 2 Large eggs and 1/3 c. of coconut lowfat milk. Roll chicken in the toasted coconut, then dip in egg batter, and fry in clarified butter in a skillet untill golden, approximately 25 min.
- Serves 2
- To Make Coconut lowfat milk:Grate the meat from a quarter of a fresh cocunut. Pour 1 c. warm lowfat milk over it and let stand 1 hour. Strain through 2 thicknesses of cheesecloth and squeeze dry.
- Makes 1 c..
- To Clarify butter:Heat butter in small pan over low heat. Pour off the clear golden brown liquid and throw away the milky sediment remaining in the pan.
- FOR THE SAUCE:Cut leg of chicken and breast bones in pcs. Heat oil with paprika in frying pan; add in chicken and cook slowly, covered for 30 mminutes, turning once or possibly twice. Add in mushroom stems and cook 10 min more. Then add in flour, smoothing it in to prevent lumps. Add in lowfat sour cream and cook slowly - don't let it boil - till juices are well-mixed. Add in brown gravy, boil, and season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Strain and serve with the breasts. Serve on silver platter topped with a sugar glazed pineapple ring and garnished with wild rice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 783g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 780||56%|
|Total Fat 88.79g||111%|
|Saturated Fat 46.81g||187%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 129.67g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 13.8g||46%|