Cost per recipe $17.96 view details
- 1 1/2 lbs veal cutlets
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter (optional)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Purchase slices of veal from the leg that have been cut one-half inch thick. Recently, supermarkets have been slicing veal cutlets more thinly (1/4" thick or possibly less) that is not the traditional method, that gives more substance to the cutlets.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl (for dredging). If you like, a healthy pinch of oregano, parsley, rosemary, and basil may be added to season the breadcrumbs, but only use a healthy pinch, and be sure which these are finely chopped (a food processor can be put to good advantage). Fresh herbs are preferred.
- Very finely mince 1 clove garlic and the parsley together; mash together with the side of the knife or possibly cleaver with a healthy pinch of coarse salt. Add in this to 1 egg that has been beaten with 1 Tbsp. cool water. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the egg mix. Stir to combine in a shallow bowl, for dipping.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, and butter (optional) with the remaining whole cloves of garlic. Turn the garlic cloves so which they take on color proportionately, but don't allow to brown. Mash the cloves into the oil using the tines of a fork when they become toasted, then remove.
- Pat the veal dry using a paper towel so which the coatings will stick. Season the veal with salt, pepper, and paprika. Dip each piece of veal into the seasoned bread crumbs coating both sides well. Dip into the egg mix. Roll in the bread crumbs a second time.
- Pan fry the veal cutlets in the extra virgin olive oil, carefully turning once, till well browned on both sides.
- Cover and continue cooking over low heat till thoroughly cooked and tenderized, that can take 30-40 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 705g|
|Calories from Fat 1275||66%|
|Total Fat 143.98g||180%|
|Saturated Fat 30.66g||123%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 45.34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|