Cost per serving $0.44 view details
- 4 x pork chops, 1" thick - (10 ounce ea)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb red cabbage head thinly sliced
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 3/4 c. apple cider
- 1/2 c. chicken stock (skimmed of fat) more if needed,
- Â Â homemade or possibly canned low-sodium
- 1 lrg leek, white and pale-green cut in matchsticks
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, straight-sided skillet over high heat. Add in pork chops; cook till brown, about 3 min on each side. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Add in cabbage, caraway seeds, thyme, cider, and stock. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 12 min.
- Add in leeks to the cabbage. Add in reserved pork chops in a single layer. Cover, and cook till pork chops are tender or possibly an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the chop, about 8 min. Remove from heat, and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 231g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 199||69%|
|Total Fat 22.19g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 6.68g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.77g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|