Cost per serving $0.55 view details
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. thinly-sliced onion
- 2 lrg escarole heads washed, dry,
- Â Â and cut into 2" strips
- 4 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onion and saute/fry till lightly browned. Add in the escarole and garlic and cook till the escarole wilts. Add in the rosemary, lemon zest, white wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, season lightly with salt and pepper and transfer to a wide, shallow baking dish.
- Cover and place in the oven. Bake for 40 to 50 min, till most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove the dish from the oven and increase the temperature to 400 degrees. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese proportionately over the top of the escarole. Bake till the top is golden and crisp, about 15 min.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Comments: You can use chicory in place of escarole. The braising mellows the flavour and gives the greens a silky, rich texture.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 44g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 76||74%|
|Total Fat 8.62g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2.05g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.45g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|