I had this same meal at Olive Garden and had to come home and find a similiar recipe- I found a recipe that was close but after making it a few times I have tweaked it and made it my own- adding a lot less of a few things and throwing in a few extra things too! Enjoy : )
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3lbs Beef Short Ribs (I have also used Sirloin- It is cheaper)
- 1 Large Onion-Chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms (Can use fresh or 2 small cans-depending on how much you like mushrooms)
- 2 Cloves Garlic-Minced
- 1 Can (28oz) Diced tomatoes-Undrained
- 1 Cup Marsala Wine (Find in the cooking wine section)
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Basil
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Thyme (Have used Oregeno as well)
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- 1 Bag Tortellini (Cheese Filled)
- Over Medium High Heat, Preheat oil in large deep skillet or pan.
- Brown the shortribs & Transfer to a plate when done (Do NOT drain the liquid from the pan)
- Saute Chopped onions & Mushrooms in the fat leftover from the Short Ribs (Cook the onions and mushrooms to your desire- I prefer to saute them really good because I don't really like the taste of raw onions- gives the final product a nice caramlize taste as well:)
- When you have cooked your onions & Mushrooms to desire-Add in Minced Garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring.
- Pour in Diced tomatoes, Marsala Wine, Crushed Basil, Thyme, and Short Ribs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to Boil, transfer to a casserole dish.
- Place in preheated oven (300-350 degrees) for about 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Cook Cheese filled tortellini accroding to package directions
- Serve the Meat Sauce Mixture over the Tortellini (I usually just mix it all together right away!)