A vanilla cupcake with a gingersnap baked in and bourbon frosting
Servings: 4 cupcakes
Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- 3 tablespoons milk
- â teaspoon baking soda
- yolk of 1 large egg
- Â½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
- â cup sugar
- Â½ cup all-purpose flour
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 gingersnaps
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt *
- 3 tablespoons confectionersâ sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- â cup whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cupcake pan or put paper liners in cups.
- 2. Whisk together the milk and baking soda until baking soda is dissolved. Add the egg yolk, vanilla extract, and butter, and whisk until combined.
- 3. Add in the flour, sugar, and salt. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- 4. Pour about 1 - 1 Â½ tablespoons of batter into the bottom of four cupcake liners. Place one gingersnap on top of the batter. Pour another 1 - 1 Â½ tablespoons of batter over cookie, completely covering the cookie. If there is any batter left evenly distribute it among the cupcakes.
- 5. Bake 14-16 minutes or until cake spring back when lightly touched and are golden brown.
- 6. Cool on wire rack.
- 7. Frosting: Mix together the yogurt, confectioners sugar, and bourbon until well blended.
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add the yogurt mixture into the whipped cream.
- Whip an additional 10-15 seconds or until the mixture is spreadable or pipeable.
- *Do not mix together the greek yogurt with the liquid. When you measure the yogurt try to avoid getting any of the yogurt liquid, you want it as thick as possible.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 62g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 89||43%|
|Total Fat 10.1g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 6.04g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.22g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|