Bottlegourd is called garadudde in konkani. It is a very versatile vegetable. It can be used to make both spicy and sweet dishes and is supposed to have a cooling effect on the body. I like this paayas a lot and it is also very easy to make.
- bottlegourd cut into very small pieces â 2 cups
- sugar â 4 tablespoons
- cardmom powder â half teaspoon
- Raisins and cashews
- milk â 1 cup
- Cook the bottlegourd pieces, raisins and cashews with some water till they are tender.
- Add sugar and cook for some more time. The quantity of sugar may vary according to taste. (I like it to be moderately sweet)
- Add milk and cardmom powder and cook for some time on a low flame stirring now and then till you get the desired consisitency.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 61g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 14||18%|
|Total Fat 1.6g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.91g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.5g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|