Cost per serving $1.47 view details
- 1 whl or possibly half ham
- 2 c. Pineapple juice
- 1 c. Honey
- 1 c. Brown sugar
- 1 quart Warm water
- 1 c. Currants
- Â Â Thinly peeled rind of 1 orange
- Â Â Thinly peeled rind of 1 lemon
- 1/3 c. Cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c. Firmly packed brown sugar
- Â Â Juice of 1 orange
- Â Â Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 c. Red currant jelly
- 1/4 c. Port wine
- Â Â Black cherries, if you like
- Place ham in large roasting pan and pour pineapple juice and honey over top. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 325' two hrs.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce: In large saucepan, pour warm water over currants and let stand till plumped, about 20 min.
- Cut orange and lemon rinds into very fine julienne about 3/4 inch long; poach in simmering water 20 min. Drain, discarding water, and set aside.
- Stir cornstarch mix into currants and water; cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat till sauce has thickened and become transparent. Add in brown sugar, orange and lemon juice, jelly and wine; stir till jelly is melted and add in prepared orange and lemon rinds and black cherries. Serve hot over ham slices.
- Makes about five c. of sauce.
- Di Note: The Botsford Inn is a very nice, old fashioned restaurant located in Farmington, Michigan. I had this there and really liked it and managed to squeeze the recipe out of the chef.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 336g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||0%|
|Total Fat 0.18g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 116.19g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|