Cost per recipe $2.18 view details
- 1 c. sifted cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking pwdr
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 c. lowfat milk
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 lg. room temperature Large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 recipe Boston cream filling - recipe follows
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate sauce
- Put rack in lower third of oven and heat to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment or possibly waxed paper; do not grease.
- Sift together flour, baking pwdr and salt. Combine the lowfat milk and oil in a small bowl; do not worry if they do not blend together.
- Whisk together the Large eggs, yolk and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the egg mix till it is light ivory in color and very fluffy, about 6 min, adding the vanilla toward the end.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mix in 2 additions.
- Pour the lowfat milk mix down the side of the mixing bowl (it will sink to the bottom of the bowl under the batter). Gently fold till it is thoroughly incorporated. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 min, or possibly till the cake is golden brown on top and it springs back when lightly pressed in the center. Remove pan from oven to a wire rack till cold.
- To assemble the dessert:
- Split the cake into 2 layers. Spread half the filling proportionately over the bottom cake layer. Center the other layer on top. Place the cake on a serving plate, cover with plastic and chill. Before serving, sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar. Spoon hot chocolate sauce onto individual plates. Using a serrated knife, slice dessert into pie shaped wedges and center each portion on the sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 597g|
|Calories from Fat 522||30%|
|Total Fat 58.8g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 9.07g||36%|
|Trans Fat 1.05g|
|Total Carbs 264.72g||71%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|