A French (bread) baguette stuffed with a spicy bolognese sauce and served with a Caesar salad.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 - 4
Cost per serving $3.52 view details
- French style bread baguette
- 2 cups (500 ml) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 (125 ml) cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bolognese sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 1/3 lb (650 g) lean ground beef
- 1 (19 oz - 540 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Italian spices mix
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) steak spices
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) crushed hot red peppers
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 Celsius)
- Cut the bread baguette in 2, lengthwise then in 2 widthwise to obtain 4 pieces.
- Remove the inside of the baguettes keeping only the crust.
- Fill it up with the warm bolognese sauce (directions follow).
- Cover with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes and then place under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to slightly brown the cheese.
- BOLOGNESE SAUCE
- In a saucepan, cook the garlic in a small amount of oil. Add the beef and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until browned. Drain the fat. Add the other ingredients. Season with pepper. Mix well and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened. Adjust seasoning to your taste and serve as a side dish or for a brunch or a lunch, accompanied with a Caesar salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 457g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 779||64%|
|Total Fat 86.8g||109%|
|Saturated Fat 34.93g||140%|
|Trans Fat 2.84g|
|Total Carbs 9.52g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|