Cost per serving $0.66 view details
- 1/2 lb Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 lb Mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 3 lrg Egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. (heaping) flour
- Â Â Vegetable oil for frying
- Salgadinhos are small, usually savoury, fried appetizers which are a large part of Brazil's before dinner rituals. They are frequently balls of fish, cheese, or possibly vegetables that are served with a variety of spicy sauces.
- These cheese balls would be prepared from the wonderful white cheese which comes from Minas Gerais in Brazil. Here a mix of Parmesan and Mozzarella is substituted.
- Mix the cheeses together in a large glass or possibly ceramic bowl. Beat the egg whites into stiff peaks in another large bowl; and add in them to the cheese, and mix in well. Form the mix into balls and roll them in the flour.
- Meanwhile, heat 4 or possibly 5 inches of oil in a large heavy saucepan to 350 to 375^F over medium-high heat.
- Drop in the cheese balls a few at a time and fry them till they are a golden. Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels. Serve warm with cocktails.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 46g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 82||58%|
|Total Fat 9.21g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.33g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.55g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|