I wanted something cooked but cooked fast and the word “potatoes” popped into my mind. I have about a sack full of baby potatoes from my boyfriend’s parents garden so I have to eat in this period a lot more potatoes that I usually eat, because I don’t want them to spoil. This dish was very tasty! Potatoes are great in general, but the combination with onion dipped in paprika was just perfect. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
- Baby potatoes ( other potatoes with smooth, thin skin work as well)
- Onion â I used about 4 big onions for 20 small potatoes, you can use as much as you like it depends only on how many potatoes you want to cook.
- 1 tbs Sweet paprika
- 1 tbs soaked dry rosemary â I soaked it for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes were ready
- Â½ tsp ground pepper
- Â½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs Maize oil (or any other oil except non frying ones)
- A couple of fresh rosemary leaves
- Wash the potatoes and remove any trace of dirt. Do not peel them! Baby potatoes have a very thin peel and it does not bother, on the contrary the texture is very nice. Cut each in four and put them in a pot to boil.
- Peel the onions and julien cut* them. Pour the oil in a skillet and let it heat. Add the onions and stir occasionally so they wonât stick. After 5 minutes add the paprika, ground pepper, salt and dry rosemary, remove from heat and cover with a lid. Let them settle for another 5 minutes.
- Mix the potatoes with the onions and thatâs it! Enjoy!
- *How to julien cut :
- Cut off both the top and root part of the onion and peel it. Then chop the onion in half vertically and cut thin slices of onion on an angle from the outside toward the middle (about a 10 degree angle should be fine). I do all of this with a chef's knife.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 45g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||6%|
|Total Fat 0.28g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.08g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.3g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|