Cost per serving $1.42 view details
- 1 c. ancho chile pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. grnd cumin
- 1 Tbsp. dry coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 4 x beef rib-eye steaks - (8 to 10 ounce ea)
- 1 c. dry rub
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- 2 c. Mesa BBQ Sauce (see recipe)
- Â Â (or possibly your favorite sauce)
- 2 x poblano chiles roasted, peeled,
- Â Â seeded and diced
- 6 x garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 lb Yukon gold potatoes peeled, and
- Â Â cut into 1/8" slices
- 1/2 c. coarsely-minced fresh cilantro
- 1 c. chicken stock
- Â Â (if canned, low sodium)
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 c. queso anejo cheese
- Â Â Minced fresh cilantro for garnish
- Dry Rub: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Rib-Eye Steak: Heat grill pan over high heat. Rub each steak on 1 side with the dry rub. Brush with extra virgin olive oil and grill, rub-side down for 3 to 4 min or possibly till golden, turn over and continue grilling for 4 to 5 min for medium-rare doneness.
- Turn the steaks over and brush the rub-side with bbq sauce, turn over and grill for 1 minute. Remove from grill and brush with additional bbq suace.
- Yukon Gold Gratin: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square pan and sprinkle garlic over bottom of pan. Arrange 1/4 of the potatoes in the dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then 1/3 of chilies and 1/3 of cilantro.
- Repeat layer of potatoes, chiles and cilantro 2 more times, seasoning potatoes with salt and pepper. Top with potatoes. Pour broth over, then cream. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake till potatoes are tender, about 1 hour 15 min. Uncover and sprinkle cheeses over potatoes. Bake till liquid thickens, about 15 min. Cold. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 375g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 227||48%|
|Total Fat 25.65g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 15.57g||62%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.38g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|