This was absolutely awesome...must have again!
Very rich....the Greek honey yogurt was perfect with this.
The crust was so good I started eating it before I made it to the pan and I almost didnt have enough. LOL
Can be made with 1 Lobster instead of 4 like I used...but what the hey...it was a birthday party luncheon for 10 people...we had plenty....and the Live Lobsters were only 8$ PER POUND!
I was going to use salmon or imitation lobster until I saw that price.
A large female lobster tail...2 skewers for easy handling....ready to partially boil for easy removal of shell.
Leverage the skewers and press the tail flat against the bottom and just hold it that way for about 2 minutes...will only cook the meat near the shell.
Partially Broiled split Lobsters..claws and arm meats intact...Ready to be picked and separated. Let the fun begin!
The parboiled Lobster Tail removed neatly from shell with a pair of scissors and still very raw. Saving 2 like this for the Garnish topping.
Used a very heavy knife to cut and crack the shell as necessary. This claw is only slightly undercooked in the center... I plan to reheat with steam before serving...so it's perfect.
The picked scraps and arm meats with 2 tails chopped. I saved all claws and 2 tails parboiled for the Garnish
Here's the two parboiled tails for the garnish...sliced, topped with Lobster Roe, and a whole stick of butter on the side...finished cooking this under the broiler for about 3 minutes and saved the melted "Lobster Butter" for dipping the claws.
So delicious. I can eat it now like stuffing...in fact I add parmegiano and use it for stuffing on other seafood items. Can be used on Cajun Turkey too
I could have put it all in the batter..but I wanted to make sure the meat would be distributed evenly. Lobster in every bite!
The cooked Lobster Cheesecake. It's sturdy and dense. It has shrunken to half the original height of the batter...and pulled away neatly from the sides.
Recipe shown dense New York style (without mashed potatoes) and I decided to put the yogurt on the side.
Kiss your old Cheeseball Goodbye!
Can also be a Dinner Entree or Luncheon item.
Prep time: 1 hours
Cook time: 2 hours
Cost per serving $11.35 view details
- 4 C. Lobster meat chunks or salmon, any favorite seafood
- 4 blocks Cream Cheese (8oz each)
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 head of fresh Cauliflower roasted soft
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 C. Mashed Potatoes (Optional for fluffy cheesecake)
- 1 t. Chachere's more spice seasoning or Old Bay
- 1 t. Mixed dried Italian Herbs
- 1 T. Lemon Juice
- 1 T. Sugar (optional to taste)
- 1 C. Greek Honey Yogurt for garnish
- 2 1/2 C. Gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1 Zuchinni matchstick cut
- 4 oz. Frozen baby Alaskan Cocktail Salad Shrimp
- 3 T. Butter
- 1/4 t. Chachere's more spice seasoning
- 23 CLOSE UP PHOTOS!...For a 10.2 inch springform pan...The cheesecake will be about 2 inches thick after it cools. Serves 8-10 depending on how rich you think it is and what size slices you take.
- Heat skillet on medium with a little oil or butter add Zuchinni and Shrimp and sweat them gently until the liquid starts comming out.
- Reserve liquid and set aside.
- Add Butter, pinch of Seasoning, Cookie Crumbs and toss to combine.
- Press mixture into bottom of pan.
- Split Live Maine Lobsters in half lengthwise. (Save at least one tail to parboil for beautiful garnish). Use a big knife and pierce it first through the middle of the legs and into the main cavity...then let it go still before splitting it further....to avoid mess.
- Do not disturb Claws or main arms of claws...leave intact.
- After Lobsters are split...remove dark green roe sack if present in female lobster and set aside.
- Discard all pale light green entrails and stomach sack...rinse briefly.
- Broil Split raw Lobsters 400F with some lemon butter and a scant pinch of seasoning just about 7 minutes until the meat turns white and is easy to remove from the shell.
- Let Parbroiled Lobster cool slightly.
- Parboil the reserved Lobster tail by inserting 2 wooden skewers and dipping into simmering salted water for 2 minutes Then let cool and remove the shell with scissors. Finish cooking the meat under the broiler when making the garnish.
- Pick meat out of shell...you can save those shells to make a broth or soup. You will never get every crumb of lobster out of those shells...especially the thin legs.
- Crack Claws open as shown and check for doneness...Save them for garnish. Steam in collander or broil just a little more if necessary. DO NOT OVERCOOK LOBSTER.
- Mix Cream Cheese and Egg Yolks thoroughly...set aside.
- Slice Onion and put in glass rectangle dish with a little oil and 1/2 C. Water.
- Arrange big chunks of raw Cauliflower on onion slices and cover with foil. Bake at 350F for about an hour, until soft enough to mash or process. There will be a little French Onion broth in the pan after the cauliflower is soft...reserve this liquid and add to batter.
- Add some Lobster Chunks to the crust and save some for garnish.
- Put the remaining Lobster meat in the cream cheese batter along with the roasted Cauliflower puree (and mashed baked potato if making fluffy style)...and reserved juices.
- Mix the batter again and sprinkle in seasoning to taste and add lemon juice, herbs, and a little sugar to taste.
- Taste the batter.
- If you found the dark green roe sack in the female lobster...great! Just pull it out and whisk it with some warm melted butter and heat it slowly until it turns red or pink...(About 3 minutes) Use some in the batter and save some for garnish.
- Spread batter into pan...no need to water bath...no need to line sides with waxed paper...it wont crack or stick to the sides...Mine is a nonstick springform pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes then reduce oven to 225F and bake for 30 minutes for light and fluffy or 1 hour for dense NY style. Do not exceed 2 hours here or the crust will be too dark.
- Turn oven off and let the Lobster Cheesecake stay in oven for another 30 minutes so it can cool slowly with the oven...prevents cracking.
- Remove Lobster Cheesecake and let cool completely.
- Garnish with dollops of Greek Honey Flavored Yogurt and Lobster Chunks, and remaining Lobster roe.
- Or spread the yogurt out flat across the top and swirl the roe into the decoration as desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 184g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 69||19%|
|Total Fat 7.84g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.36g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.91g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|