Cost per recipe $11.44 view details
- 1 c. Yucatan Marinade, (see below)
- 9 x Skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 1 med Jicama, julienne
- 36 x Wooden skewers, soaked in water for about 2 hrs (6 inch)
- 2 c. Grilled Peach salsa, (see below)
- 1/4 c. Fresh orange juice
- 1/4 c. Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. Ancho chile pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. Pasilla chile pwdr
- 1/4 c. Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x Peaches, cut in half, pit removed (skin left on)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. Finely minced red onion
- 1 sm Jalapeno, seed removed and finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. Coarsely minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. Mint chiffonade
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 1) Rub the marinade into the chicken thighs. Cover the chicken and chill for 4 to 6 hrs or possibly overnight.
- 2. Prepare a charcoal or possibly wood fire and let it burn to embers or possibly preheat the boiler.
- 3. Thread each piece of chicken onto 2 skewers so which the meat stays flat on the grill. Grill for about 4 min on each side, or possibly till done to taste. For each serving, arrange 3 chicken thighs on a plate with the jicama and the salsa
- *Makes 6 servings
- Yucatan Marinade:In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the extra virgin olive oil and process for 30 seconds. With the motor running, slowly add in the extra virgin olive oil and process till emulsified. May be prepared 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated.
- Makes 1 c.
- Grilled Peach Salsa:Prepare a grill or possibly preheat the broiler. Brush the side of the peaches w/ 1 Tbsp. of the extra virgin olive oil. And place cut side down on the grill and grill peaches till they caramelize, but still hold their shape, 3-4 min. Remove the peaches and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place the peaches in a medium bowl and toss with the rest of the ingredients and the remaining 1 Tbsp.. of extra virgin olive oil - season w/ salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 min before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1749g|
|Calories from Fat 842||52%|
|Total Fat 95.46g||119%|
|Saturated Fat 14.21g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.23g|
|Total Carbs 149.51g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 51.0g||170%|