Cost per recipe $2.13 view details
- 2 x New mexico reds, (peppers)
- 1 Tbsp. Black peppercorns
- 4 x Tuna steaks, (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Salt
- 1 lrg Mango, coarsely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp Finely diced jalapeno
- 2 Tbsp. Coarsely minced cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- How to Prepare:In a coffee grinder or possibly spice grinder, coarsely grind the chiles and peppercorns together. Dredge the tuna steaks in the pepper mix on one side only.
- In a large saute/fry pan over medium-high heat, heat the extra virgin olive oil till it begins to smoke and cook the tuna, pepper side-down for 1 minute or possibly till a crust forms.
- Lower the heat to medium, turn the steaks, season with salt and cook for 3 min more, for rare or possibly till done to your liking.
- Spicy Mango Salsa:How to Prepare: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bobby Flay's Red Pepper Crusted Tuna Steak With Spicy Mango Salsa
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 276g|
|Calories from Fat 483||80%|
|Total Fat 54.67g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 7.63g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.29g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|