Cost per serving $2.55 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. blueberries
- 1/4 c. butter or possibly margarine - (1/8 lb)
- 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/2 lb jack cheese
- 6 c. unseasoned dry bread cubes (7 1/2-ounce pkg)
- 1Â 1/2 c. apricot-flavor syrup
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 c. minced pecans
- Rinse and drain blueberries if fresh.
- Put butter and cinnamon in a 9- by 13-inch casserole. Heat in a 350 degree oven till butter is melted, about 5 min.
- Meanwhile, cut cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Add in dry bread cubes to casserole and mix well.
- Combine apricot-flavor syrup, lemon peel, lemon juice, and 1/4 c. water. Pour over bread, mixing well.
- Add in pecans, cheese, and blueberries to casserole and gently mix to distribute proportionately.
- Cover casserole tightly with foil. Bake for 20 min in a 350 degree oven. Uncover casserole and bake till pudding top is crisp and golden, about 15 min longer.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Comments: If fresh blueberries aren't available, use frzn unsugared ones (do not thaw before adding). Instead of purchased bread cubes, toast 6 c. 1/2-inch cubes of French bread in a 10- by 15-inch pan in a 350 degree oven, stirring often, 10 to 15 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 249g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 259||36%|
|Total Fat 29.23g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 12.38g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 90.39g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||18%|