Cost per serving $1.73 view details
- FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled) plus more for dusting
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (1 stick) cut into small pieces
- FOR THE FILLING
- 6 cups fresh blueberries* (six 1/2-pint containers) rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt, and butter; process until large moist crumbs form (dough should hold together when squeezed).
- Prepare a 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom by cutting a piece of parchment paper to fit on the bottom. This will help with transferring the tart from the pan after it is cooked.
- Transfer dough to the tart pan and press evenly with floured fingers on the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes; prick bottom of dough all over with a fork.
- Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes; cool completely.
- While crust is baking, reserve 1 cup of fresh berries for garnish. In a medium saucepan, bring 1/4 cup water and 1 1/2 cups berries to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries begin to break down, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water; stir into berries in pan. Add lemon zest and juice, sugar, and salt and vanilla. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, stirring, just until mixture begins to thicken, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 3 1/2 cups fresh berries.(If using frozen berries, skip this step). Immediately pour hot berry mixture into cooled tart shell, and smooth with a spatula.
- Scatter reserved berries on top, pressing down lightly to help them adhere. Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- *NOTE: If fresh blueberries are not in season, substitute 4 cups frozen wild blueberries and one container of fresh berries for garnish. Reduce water to 1/8 cup.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 138g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 85||31%|
|Total Fat 9.65g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.89g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.12g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|