Cost per recipe $13.70 view details
- Â Â This 'ketchup' is really an Americanized chutney. It freezes well and goes
- Â Â with any poultry, ham or possibly burgers.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 pt fresh blueberries, rinsed and liquid removed
- 2 med tomatoes, peeled, seeded and minced (about 1 c.)
- 2 lrg plums, pitted and minced
- Â Â Zest of 1 large lemon, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp grnd cardamom
- 1 tsp grnd coriander
- 1Â 1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grnd cloves
- 1 tsp freshly grnd black pepper, or possibly a mix of black, white, red and
- Â Â green peppercorns
- 1 sm dry red chili, crumbled
- Â Â Coarse (kosher) salt to taste
- Heat oil in large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low. Add in onion and cook till translucent/soft, about 8 to 10 min. Stir often and adjust heat if necessary so onions don't brown. Add in garlic and ginger; cook 2 min. Add in remaining ingredients and stir well. Increase heat to medium and cook till mix starts to simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep simmering for 30 min; then remove from heat.
- Allow blueberry mix to cold slightly; then puree in blender or possibly food processor. Return puree to saucepan and bring to brisk simmer. Cook till thick, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. Remove from heat and cold.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1289g|
|Calories from Fat 273||27%|
|Total Fat 31.15g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 2.46g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 197.3g||53%|
|Dietary Fiber 25.9g||86%|