Many of you have probably made or at least heard of a “dump” cake before. It’s where you dump a box of cake mix in a 9×13 pan along with some other ingredients. Well it just so happened that I had some items in my pantry that looked ready to dump so here is my version of a dump cake using two of my dessert faves: blueberries and cream cheese!
- 20 oz can of blueberry pie filling
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 16 oz box of yellow cake mix
- 4 oz stick of margarine, partially frozen
- Cooking oil spray
- Spray the bottom of a 9Ã13 inch pan with cooking oil and use 2 tablespoons of the cake mix to âflourâ the bottom.
- Dump in the can of blueberry pie filling and spread evenly.
- Slice the cream cheese (best if well chilled) into little cubes the size of dice and sprinkle evenly over the pie filling.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the pie filling.
- Slice the margarine into THIN slices. This is easier to do if partially frozen.
- Top the cake mix evenly with the slices of margarine.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees until bubbly and lightly browned.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 120g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 164||42%|
|Total Fat 18.61g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 5.74g||23%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 54.59g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|