Cost per serving $10.40 view details
- 6 ounce bacon minced
- 4 x eight-oz filet mignons
- 1 c. crumbled Stilton cheese or possibly
- Â Â any type of blue-veined cheese
- Â Â Creole seasoning to taste
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm onion cut 1/8" thick rings
- 1/2 c. Crystal Warm Sauce
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. demi-glace
- 1/2 c. port wine
- 1 x recipe Creamed Potatoes (see reicpe)
- 1/2 c. port wine
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a warm saute/fry pan, render the bacon till crispy, stirring occasionally, about 8 min.
- On the side of each filet make a 2-inch slit forming a pocket. Stuff each pocket with 2 Tbsp. of the cheese. Season the filets with Creole seasoning.
- In oven-proof saute/fry pan, add in the extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is warm, sear the filets for 2 min on each side. Place the pan in the oven and roast the filets for 6 to 7 min for medium-rare.
- Toss the onions with the warm sauce. Season with salt. Dredge the onions in the flour, tapping off any excess. Heat the vegetable oil. Fry the onions till golden, about 2 min. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with Creole seasoning.
- Remove the filets from the pan and set aside. Place the saute/fry pan on the stove. Over medium-high heat, deglaze the pan with the demi-glace and port wine. Remove from the heat and keep hot. Fold the bacon and bacon fat into the Creamed Potatoes.
- To assemble, divide the potatoes by 4 and mound the potatoes in the center of each plate. Lay each filet on top of the potatoes. Spoon the pan sauce over each filet. Garnish each plate with the remaining cheese, fried onions and parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 main-course servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 492g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1114||69%|
|Total Fat 124.79g||156%|
|Saturated Fat 28.33g||113%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 53.25g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|