Blue Cheese Crusted Beef Tenderloin With Cabernet Sauce, Horseradish Potatoes And Onion Rings Recipe
Cost per serving $5.06 view details
- 4 x 5 ounce filet mignon steak
- 4 ounce butter, for the paste, and, for searing
- 4 ounce blue cheese
- 1 c. fresh breadcrumbs, dry, can be substituted
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, sprigs, and, leaves salt pepper The Cabernet Sauvignon Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. sliced shallot
- 2 clv garlic
- 2 c. cream
- 2 c. wine
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, leaves salt pepper The Horseradish Potatoes
- 1 lb potato, peeled, and, quartered
- 1 1/2 c. cream
- 1/2 c. freshly grated horseradish, (you may substitute prepared)
- 1 x nutmeg, nut salt pepper The Onion Rings
- 1 x onion, sliced, thinly, into rings
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper oil, for frying
- Combine the cheese, first butter, bread crumbs and thyme in a food processor. Process till a smooth paste is formed. The paste may be refrigerated and warmed to room temperature later or possibly used immediately.
- Season each filet well with freshly grnd black pepper. Sear each face of the filet mignons in warm butter. Use a thick-bottomed well heated skillet and lots of butter for best results. Once the filets are seared rest them on a roasting rack. Season them with salt.
- Divide the crust proportionately between the filets and pat it onto the top face of each steak forming a thick topping.
- Bake the steaks at 400 degrees till the crust browns and the meat reaches the desired doneness. Times will vary based on the oven and meat, 15 min is average. Judge the meat by its feel, healthy pinch it, practice makes perfect!
- Serve the meat immediately out of the oven.
- The Cabernet Sauvignon Sauce:Sweat the shallots and garlic in the butter using a thick bottomed sauce pot. Stir them till they are fully aromatized. Add in the wine and cream and bring the mix to a simmer.
- Simmer the mix till it reduces in volume by half, stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking or possibly burning.
- Puree the mix till it is very smooth in a high speed blender. Strain it through a fine mesh strainer. Taste, season and reserve.
- The sauce may be made ahead and reheated when needed.
- The Horseradish Potatoes:Note: One lb. of potatoes will yield sufficient for four guests. Use these measures as a ratio to scale up the amounts.
- Simmer the cream, nutmeg and horseradish for twenty min Measure the mix and add in sufficient fresh cream to equal one c..
- Steam the potatoes till tender. Pass them through a food mill onto a baking pan then dry them for several min in a warm oven.
- Quickly and thoroughly combine the potatoes and the cream mix in a mixer fitted with a paddle. Taste and season.
- Serve immediately.
- The Onion Rings:Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss the onions till proportionately coated with the seasoned flour and fry at 360 degrees till crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- The Plate!:Ladle two ounces of the warm sauce onto a warm service plate. Place a serving of the potatoes in the center of the plate. Use a ring mold if available. They may be made from 3 or possibly 4 inch diameter ABS pipe, cut from 1 to 2 inches in height. Sand and smooth the edges.
- Add in a filet mignon and top with a pile of the crisp onions. Serve with a yahoo!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 625g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 674||57%|
|Total Fat 76.67g||96%|
|Saturated Fat 47.37g||189%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 81.96g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|