Buffalo burgers are a healthy alternative to ground beef. Buffalo is much leaner than beef and is also extremely high in iron and B vitamins! You can buy buffalo meat at most grocery stores in the “organic or farm-raised” meat section. You will love the richness of this burger!
- 12 ounces, weight Ground Buffalo Meat
- 1 loaf Burger Buns
- 6 ounces, weight Blue Cheese
- You should cook your buffalo burgers the same way you would cook your beef burgers. Make sure you get the grill at least to medium high for a bit to reach an internal temp of at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit, and watch the color. Pink= rare, just like beef.
- Cook the meat on a medium heat (300 degrees) for at least 8 minutes each side. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Put mini-craters in the burgers while cooking to make room for the cheese. I add the cheese after I have flipped the burgers once, then make my indentation on side #2 and let the cheese melt.
- Simultaneously, warm your buns on the upper basket of your grill or on a cooler part of your grill. You can grill corn or romaine at the same time for a quick and easy side.
- For extra piquant flavor, I added blue cheese and make the B-trifecta: Blue Buffalo Burgers.
- Serve with sides and all your favorite fixins. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 85g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 117||68%|
|Total Fat 13.0g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 7.74g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.91g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|