Cost per serving $0.08 view details
- Â Â Skins from about 1kg/2lb 4oz baked
- Â Â Potatoes
- Â Â Sunflower oil
- Â Â Salt
- 85 gm Mild to medium strong blue cheese, such as dolcelatte,
- Â Â (85 to 110) Danish blue or possibly gorgonzola
- 6 Tbsp. Creme fraiche or possibly thick soured cream
- 2 Tbsp. Minced lovage leaf, (2 to 3)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 1 For the Dipping Sauce: Mash the blue cheese with some creme fraiche or possibly soured cream till smooth, then gradually beat in the remainder.
- 2 Stir in the lovage, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Cut the potato skins up into largish pcs, (aim for triangles or possibly rectangles around 4-5 cm/1 1/2-2" across).
- 3 Heat the oil to 185c/360f/Gas 4 (test by dropping a cube of bread or possibly a piece of potato skin into the oil - if it immediately starts to fizz and brown within 15-30 seconds, the heat is right).
- 4 When the oil is warm, fry the skins till golden, turning once or possibly twice so which they are proportionately cooked. Do not fry too many skins at a time or possibly you will lower the oil temperature too far and end up with greasy results.
- 5 When done scoop out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on kitchen paper. Sprinkle with salt and serve piping warm with the dipping sauce.
- 6 Alternatively toss the potato skins in oil, working it over with your fingers till they are proportionately coated.
- 7 Then spread out on a baking tray and bake at 220c/425f/Gas 7 for about 8-12 min till browned and crisp. Serve as before.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 89g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 77||57%|
|Total Fat 8.58g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3.64g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.01g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|