Cost per serving $0.39 view details
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Optional additions, use one or a combination of:
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts, toasting them first for even better flavor
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons of espresso powder with the vanilla
- Stir 1/2 cup dried fruit, especially dried cherries, into the prepared batter
- Top with a vanilla butter cream or chocolate peanut butter cream frosting
- 1. Butter an 8Ã8 pan
- 2. Mix melted butter with brown sugar - beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- 3. Add salt, stir in flour. Mix in any additions (below).
- 4. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350Â°F 20 minutes, or until set in the middle. I always err on the side of caution with baking times â nobody ever complained about a gooey-middled cookie. Cool on rack before cutting them.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 69g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 137||47%|
|Total Fat 15.69g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 7.54g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.79g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|