Cost per recipe $6.73 view details
- 6 x Large eggs, separated (room temperature)
- 1/4 c. vegetable shortening
- 1/2 c. margarine or possibly butter, room temperature
- 3 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 c. sifted cake flour
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- 2 c. grated fresh or possibly packaged flaked coconut
- Â Â powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Generously grease and flour 10-inch tube pan with removable bottom, shaking out excess. Beat yolks with shortening and margarine using electric mixer at high speed. Gradually add in sugar and continue beating till light and fluffy. Add in extracts and beat till well blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add in flour in fourths alternately with lowfat milk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat in coconut, blending well.
- Beat egg whites in separate bowl till stiff but not dry. Gently fold into batter using scraper or possibly balloon whisk, blending thoroughly. Turn into prepared pan. Bake till tester inserted near center of cake comes out clean, about 2 hrs. Cold in pan on wire rack 20 to 30 min. Remove cake from pan and let cold completely. Dust top with powdered sugar before serving. Serve with berry dessert.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1719g|
|Calories from Fat 1578||28%|
|Total Fat 178.15g||223%|
|Saturated Fat 40.39g||162%|
|Trans Fat 34.03g|
|Total Carbs 936.36g||250%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.0g||23%|