Cost per serving $1.52 view details
- Ingredients: 2 (8-ounce) packages frozen tart shells
- 2 quarts fresh blackberries
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2-1/8 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- fresh blackberries for garnish
- 1. Bake tart shells according to package directions; cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- 2. Bring blackberries and 1 cup water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes or until blackberries are soft.
- 3. pour blackberry mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup, using back of a spoon to squeeze out juice to equal 2 cups. Discard pulp and seeds.
- 4. Combine 1-1/2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup flour in a saucepan; gradually whisk in blackberry juice, whisking constantly until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 5. Stirring butter and vanilla. Spoon filling into prepared tart shells. Let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- 6. Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in remaining 1/8 teaspoon vanilla. Dollop whipped cream over tarts; garnish if desired
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 106g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||29%|
|Total Fat 6.03g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.56g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.69g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|