Cost per serving $1.65 view details
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-ounce pieces; plus 1 tablespoon (melted)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) tightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, stemmed and washed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- Ingredients for Ice Cream:
- 2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (1.7 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly coat the inside of each of 12 individual nonstick mini-fluted tube pans (each cup is 3 & 1/2 x 1 & 3/4 inches) with the 1 tablespoon of melted butter, making sure that all of the indentations in each of the pans are coated.
- 2. In a sifter combine the 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sift onto a large piece of parchment paper and set aside until needed.
- 3. Place the 1/4 pound butter, 1/2 cup light brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, and then beat on medium for 2 minutes until soft. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating on medium for 1 minute after each addition, and scraping down the sides of bowl once all the eggs have been incorporated.
- 4. Operate the mixer on low while gradually adding the sifted dry ingredients. Once they have been incorporated, about 30 seconds, add 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix on low speed to combine, about 15 seconds. Remove the bowl from the mixer, add the coarsely chopped pecans, 1 cup blackberries, and 1 cup mini-morsels and use a rubber spatula to mix until thoroughly combined.
- 5. Portion 3 heaping tablespoon of the cake batter into each individual mini-fluted nonstick tube pan. Spread the batter evenly. Place the 2 units of mini-fluted tube pans on the top and center rack of the preheated oven, and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Remove the cakes from the oven and cool to room temperature for 20 minutes. Invert the units to release the cakes. Turn the cakes baked top facing up and set aside at room temperature.
- Directions for Ice Cream:
- 1. Prepare a large pan of ice water.
- 2. In the top of a double boiler, heat the half-and-half over simmering water until steaming. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks until blended, then whisk in the sugar. Whisk in about half of the hot half-and-half and pour the egg yolk mixture into the pan of half-and-half. Stir and cook over simmering water until the custard coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Immediately place the custard pan in the ice bath and stir occasionally until it cools. Transfer to another container, stir in heavy cream, vanilla, and instant pudding. Whip well, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- 3. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 191g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 345||62%|
|Total Fat 39.78g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 21.66g||87%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.26g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|