Cost per recipe $12.60 view details
- 4 lrg Egg whites
- 375 gm Caster sugar, (12oz)
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour
- 3 tsp Lemon juice
- 600 gm Blackberries, (1 1/4 lb)
- 4 x Passion fruit
- 300 ml Double cream, (10fl ounce)
- 1 pch Salt A little icing sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 120 C/235 F/gas mark 1.
- Cover an upturned baking sheet with foil. Mark a circle shape on the foil about 18cm/7 inches in diameter and sprinkle with cornflour.
- Whisk the egg whites with the salt till stiff. Gradually add in 125g (4oz) of the caster sugar, then whisk again till the whites are very glossy and stiff. Add in a further 90g (3oz) caster sugar, then whisk back to glosssy peaks. Sieve together the granulated sugar and cornflour. Use a ballon whisk to lightly mix in half the cornflour mix, then 1 tsp of leamon juice and then the remaining cornflour mix.
- Fill a forcing bag with a large star nozzle and add in 1/2 the pavlova mix.
- Spread the remaining mix in the marked circle on the tray. Smooth top and sides. Pipe swirls of meringue around the top of the circle. Pavlova should be about 6cm/2 1/2 inches thick. Bake for about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs in the cold oven. Don't allow meringue to colour.
- When baked, leave to cold. When cool carefully peel off foil. Whip cream till thick. Pipe swirls around the pavlova. Scatter a few Blackberries in the centre. Cut passion fruit in half and spoon the fruit into the centre around the respberries. Top the sides with the Blackberries and sprigs of mint or possibly sweet cicely. Press the remaining Blackberries through a sieve with a little icing sugar to make a fresh, sharp sauce to serve with the pavlova.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1119g|
|Calories from Fat 549||52%|
|Total Fat 62.59g||78%|
|Saturated Fat 36.72g||147%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 103.64g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 38.8g||129%|