Cost per recipe $23.01 view details
- 1 lb frzn unsweetened cherries, thawed
- 1/4 c. kirsch
- 1/4 c. (about) Morello cherry syrup or possibly sour cherry syrup
- 8Â 1/2 ounce chocolate wafer cookies
- 6 Tbsp. (3/4 stick) well-chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch pcs
- 1Â 1/2 c. whipping cream
- 12 ounce semisweet chocolate, coarsely minced
- 16 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 4 x Large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. whipping cream, well-chilled (I use heavy whipping cream.)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. kirsch
- Â Â Chocolate curls (optional)
- For topping: Soak undrained cherries and kirsch in small bowl 6 hrs.
- Thoroughly drain cherries in strainer set over medium bowl, shaking occasionally, at least two hrs. Reserve liquid.
- Add in sufficient Morello cherry syrup to cherry liquid to measure 1 c.. Pour 6 Tbsp. into heavy 8-inch skillet (reserve remaining liquid for filling). Halve cherries and add in to skillet. Boil till syrup is thickened and mix resembles preserves, about 6 min. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Chill.)
- For crust: Generously butter 9-inch springform pan. Finely crush cookies in processor, using on/off turns. Cut in butter till mix begins to gather together, using on/off turns. Press crumbs into bottom of pan and up sides to 3/4 inch from top; there should be no cracks.
- Chill crust for at least 30 min.
- For filling: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Heat 1 1/2 c. cream with chocolate in heavy medium saucepan over low heat till chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Cold 10 min.
- Beat cream cheese with 3/4 c. sugar till smooth. Beat in Large eggs 1 at a time till just combined. Beat in chocolate mix, then remaining 10 Tbsp. cherry liquid and vanilla. Pour into crust. Bake till outer 2 inches of cake are hard but center still moves slightly, about 1 1/4 hrs (top may crack). Cold completely on rack. Top pan with paper towels and cover tightly with foil. Chill 1 to 2 days.
- Remove foil, paper towels and pan sides from cake. Spread cherry topping over cake. Beat remaining 1 c. cream with 2 Tbsp. sugar and kirsch to peaks. Spoon into center of cake. Top with chocolate curls if you like. (Can be prepared 2 hrs ahead and refrigerated.) Let stand at room temperature for 15 min before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2234g|
|Calories from Fat 4316||63%|
|Total Fat 498.68g||623%|
|Saturated Fat 283.11g||1132%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 581.45g||155%|
|Dietary Fiber 74.2g||247%|