Black Bottom Cupcakes Recipe
Rich, moist and chocolaty. These cupcakes will disappear like the ever popular brownies as picnics and parties only they have a more adult appeal with the creamy, cheesey center.
Servings: 24 cupcakes
- â 16 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- â 1 3/4 cups sugar â divided
- â 3/4 tsp. salt â divided
- â 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- â 2 TBS plus 3/4 cup sour cream at room temperature
- â 1/3 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- â 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- â 1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- â 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- â 1 1/3 cups water
- â 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- â 1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 400 F and position racks in lower middle position. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
Use an electric mixer and beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt until smooth.
Beat in egg whites and 2 TBS sour cream for about 1 minute.
Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix the remaining sugar, remaining salt, the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda.
Make a well in the center and add the remaining sour cream, water, butter, and vanilla and whisk until combined.
Divide the chocolate batter evenly among the muffin cups.
Top each batter cup with 1 rounded TBS cream cheese mixture.
Bake until the tops of the cupcakes begin to crack, about 25 minutes.
Cool in tins for about 10 minutes.
Refrigerate in air tight container up to 2 days.
How good does this recipe look to you?