Great as a side dish or an accompaniment to pork pulled tacos.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Cost per serving $0.12 view details
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cans (19 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add white part of scallions, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans, chili powder, and 1/4 cup water. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with green part of scallions.
- *You can also slightly mash the beans with a potato masher. It makes a nice rich consistency.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 10g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 21||91%|
|Total Fat 2.33g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.33g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.8g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|