Cost per serving $0.92 view details
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med Onion finely minced
- 1 med Green bell pepper - seeded finely minced
- 2 x Garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 cup Dry black beans, cooked or two 16-oz cans black beans undrained
- 2 cups long grain white rice, or 1 cup brown and 1 cup white rice (my preference for health reasons only).
- 4 1/2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Freshly ground Black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and add in the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring, till tender, 6 to 8 min. Add in the remaining ingredients and cook over medium-high heat till all the water has been absorbed and small craterscraters form over the surface of the rice, 10 to 15 min.
- Stir with a fork, cover, and cook over low heat till the rice is tender, 10 min. Throw away the bay leafbay leaf and serve.
- If you have a rice cooker, you can cook the rice separately in the rice cooker then mix with the rest of the ingredients and cook over low for a few minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 237g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 66||21%|
|Total Fat 7.49g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.13g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 54.44g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||16%|