Cost per serving $1.90 view details
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x onion - (12 ounce) coarsely minced
- 1 lrg yellow bell pepper minced
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 4 tsp chopped canned chipotle chilies
- 3 can black beans - (15 ounce ea) well liquid removed
- 2 can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic - (14 1/2 ounce ea)
- 2 c. vegetable broth
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add in onion, bell pepper, and cumin seeds; saute/fry till onion is soft and golden brown, stirring frequently, about 10 min. Add in chipotle chilies and stir 30 seconds.
- Add in black beans, diced tomatoes with juices, and vegetable broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered till liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally, about 30 min.
- Transfer 2 c. chili to processor. Blend to coarse paste; return to pot. Simmer chili to thicken, if you like. Season chili to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill uncovered till cool, then cover and keep refrigerated. Rewarm over medium-low heat before serving.)
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: Canned chipotle chilies u that give this dish a smoky depth u are available at Latin American markets and many supermarkets. Top the chili with minced cilantro and green onions, and serve sides of corn bread and spinach salad. For dessert, try lemon sherbet with sugar cookies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 382g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 147||19%|
|Total Fat 16.86g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 2.64g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 121.71g||32%|
|Dietary Fiber 29.5g||98%|