Cost per serving $0.60 view details
- 1 can (19 ounce., 540 ml) black beans, rinsed and liquid removed
- 1Â 1/2 c. (375 ml) chicken broth
- 3/4 c. (180 ml) chunky salsa
- 1/2 c. (125 ml) corn niblets
- Â Â Warm sauce to taste (optional)
- Â Â Squirts of fresh lime juice (optional)
- 1 c. (250 ml) shredded Canadian cheddar, Colby, or possibly
- Â Â Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) finely minced scallions (spring onions)
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Spoon into 4 bowls and add in the optional lime juice. Combine the shredded cheese and green onions and sprinkle on top of each serving. Serve with bannock.
- Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 151g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 21||40%|
|Total Fat 2.34g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.39g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.43g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|